Coda File System

Re: newbie question

From: Lucas <lucas_at_universogratis.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:13:07 -0300 (ART)
Hello Ivan,
Yes, it's fine for me if you reply to the list. Sharing knowledge is good!
In my short experience, I think that my problem it's with the Coda realms.
The server is up. The client also is up. I've created some volumes in the
SCM, but the problem is trying to mount those volumes in the client.
I read in a Coda list, that with version 6 or higher (I have 6.0.3) you
cannot create and mount new volumes in the old way.
In my venus.conf I have configured the realm in the same way that in the
/etc/hosts file, I mean, I can ping the server that I'm putting as a
realm.
So when I'm do an:

# cfs mkm /coda/newfolder existent_volume

I got this: /coda: File exists
And this is displayed on the console: coda_prioctl: Venus returns: -17 for
(0xff00001.0x1.0x1)

But something happens in the directory, cause if I do an ls -a of
/coda/myrealm, I see the hard link, but in red, like when the symbolic
link is broken.

I started to feeling frustrated! :-(

 Hello Lucas,