Coda File System

Re: tokens & access rights

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2003 09:04:04 -0500
We should keep discussions of the correct behavior separate from how
hard it is to implement in the current code base, although reality has
to set in when we try to change things :-)

There is also the problem of being connected to a server but not being
able to get tokens (because that's a different machine).  So I'd say
that expired tokens should always work locally against the acl cache,
regardless of connectivity.  This sort of implies that the full acl
should be cached, although one can argue that only caching the acl
subset for tokens that have fetched/hoarded the file is ok too.

I'm not being familiar with the venus acl caching code, so I'll try to
stop flaming now.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>