Coda File System

RE: basic problem - coda won\'t start

From: <paul.rogers_at_mowlem.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:46:03 +0000
Jan/Samir

Many thanks for your replies.

I originally tried to patch the 2.4.21 kernel, but it kept failing.  I then upgrade to 2.4.22 but when I tried to patc the kernel was told that the patch had already been applied.  I therefore assumed 2.4.22 included the patch.  Not sure if you should be aware of this.

I have downloaded the linux-coda-6.0.0.tgz, complied it and moved coda.o into /lib/modules/2.4.22/fs/coda (where the original module resided) as suggested.  However when trying to run venus I still get the kernel skew error message.  Any suggestions?  Am I missing something?

In the meantime I\'ll have another go at patching the kernel with the suggested patch.

Many thanks

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.