Coda File System

Re: coda on amd64?

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: 02 Jan 2004 09:36:23 -0500
Definitely run coda from CVS to get 6.x.  5.3 is basically dead now,
and there is no maintenance branch.  It would be cool to get the lwp
changes into the tree, and I suspect that patches against the head
will get applied very quickly.

On NetBSD, you will need either -current or Phil's realms kernel patch
for 1.6.1 (on coda website, or I can send it to you).  I've been
running this for a long time without any more trouble than before.

I recall from years ago that coda didn't run on alpha.  But it really
is time to resolve this; 64-bit machines are no longer odd.

Does the code compile with -Wall with no warnings?  I bet it needs
some 32/64 cleanup...

The following may help on NetBSD; I put coda and all its stuff in
/usr/local/coda.

#!/bin/sh
for i in lwp rpc2 rvm coda; do
  echo "UPDATING $i" && (cd $i && cvs -q up -d -P)
done
exit 0

#!/bin/sh
for i in lwp rpc2 rvm coda; do
  echo "BUILDING $i" && \
  (cd $i && \
  ./bootstrap.sh && \
  rm -f config.cache && \
  LDFLAGS="-L/usr/pkg/lib -R/usr/pkg/lib" CFLAGS="-g -I/usr/pkg/include" CXXFLAGS="-g -I/usr/pkg/include" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/coda && \
  gmake -k clean &&
  gmake -k &&
  gmake install)
done
(cd coda && gmake -k client-install server-install)
exit 0

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>