Coda File System

ACL database | Coda and LDAP / Kerberos

From: Sven Brandenburg <sven_at_crashme.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:22:18 -0500
Hello gents :)

My understanding of coda is somewhat limited but my take is that it is
not possible
to store file ACLs in LDAP (yet). I've been wrapping my mind around
ldap+kerberos
in the past days and think it's working..  my idea to do this in first
place was to use
LDAP as a backend for kerberos' user database and have user 'clogging'
using kerberos
tickets instead of codas own;
while the latter might work (i'm getting compile errors with
coda6.0.2,FBSD5.1 when using
--with--crypto; disabling kerberos support provides a working coda
userland) there's
still the problem of file permissions : Even if i'm able to manage my
user database in ldap
i still have to assign file ACLs within coda and thus have two separate
user databases.

Is there any hope of storing ACLs in kerberos/LDAP ?

thanks for your time :)
regards,
Sven