Coda File System

Re: Released Coda 6.0.3 (and RPC2 1.20)

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:55:42 -0500
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Greg Troxel wrote:

>   > > === soon to be merged in CVS, this is NOT in 6.0.3! ===

>   > >     to store about a million files in a single volume. This does require
>   > >     some incompatible RVM changes to the vnode structure.

> I note that there is no NEWS file in cvs for coda, and the Changelog
> doesn't mention this yet.  Has CVS coda been changed in an
> incompatible way.

I have no reason to expect a similar merge to happen silently.
No, I don't think anything like that has happened to the main cvs branch.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder Greg!

> (And since I'm losing with 'local inconsistent objects' today, I am
> inclined to upgrade.)

I am running coda from cvs 2003-11-23, rpc2 from cvs 2003-10-28,
rvm and lwp from 2003-06-18. Seems to behave, ymmv :)

Regards,
--
Ivan