Coda File System

CODA as fault tolerance system

From: Ro Irving <ro_at_izr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:30:41 +0000
Hi, I am a newbie to the whole coda thing and I have a couple of questions.

I am looking at setting up a bunch of fault tolerant servers for hosting
email and web serving. I am thinking of having two identical POP servers
accessing CODA network storage which will be replicated accross two coda
servers.

I have set up 2 CODA servers (test2 and test3) and created a replicated
volume which i can mount onto 2 client boxes (test0 and test1).

It all seems to work brilliantly except when I take one of the servers
off line. The first couple of accesses when one server dies seem to take
up to 10 seconds to resolve which server they should look at.
 Is this due to a timeout setting somewhere?
Or is it due to me only pointing the venus client to one of the 2
servers (venus-setup test2 30000)?
Can I tell the venus setup script to look at multiple servers?

My other question involves windows 2000/XP.
I would quite like to have a couple of windows machines accessing the
CODA storage area but I cant get to NT client to work.
"net start coda" works fine but
"net start venus" gives me an error of  "System error 1067 has occurred"
and dies. Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Ro