Coda File System

Re: big coda / bsd vs. linux / intermezz vs. coda vs. lustre

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:00:23 -0500
Hello Olin,

> I have just started using coda and have a few questions I would like to
> ask the assembled wisdom of this mailing list.

some of the wisdom is already present there, in the archives :)

> - Would coda have trouble with large filesystems, in the range 600Gb - 1.5Tb?

Probably would. There are some limitations, let you search the archives...
Depends on your file sizes.

> - If I were to set up a coda server, and I was just as willing to run
>   Free/Net/OpenBsd or linux, is there a best candidate?

Shouldn't be a remarkable difference.

>   + Were one to choose between lustre, coda & intermezzo, can anyone

Haven't tried the other ones, so cannot blame :)
Self have chosen Coda for some misterious reason :)

>     + clients for Win, BSD, linux & Mac good

No Coda client for MacOS yet, to the best of my knowledge.
Feel free to port the *bsd one (the kernel module), shouldn't
be hard - but yet nobody did...

Regards,
--
Ivan