Coda File System

Re: Released Coda 6.0.3 (and RPC2 1.20)

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 09:32:33 -0500
  I guess I can say that 6.0.4 will be 6.0.3 with annoying bugs fixed. If
  we make any significant change we'll call it 6.1 or something and brag a
  lot about it.

OK, thanks.

  There are CVS-commit mailinglists (changelog(at)coda.cs.cmu.edu and
  cvs(at)coda.cs.cmu.edu), the difference is that 'changelog' only has the
  commit message, while the 'cvs' one includes the diff of the committed
  changes. They work like codalist, so subscribe messages would go to
  cvs-request(at)coda.cs.cmu.edu.

That's good, but RVM changes or any compat issues still need to be
announced on this list.

In this vein, is there any formal bug tracking in use?  I think there
is bugzilla but I never hear anyone talking about it.  That might make
me more inclined to file real bug reports for some of my more annoying
problems.

(I think that 'rm foo/*; rmdir foo' while w-d still loses, but I'm not
sure; that used to be a good way to create local inconsistent objects.
But, if you are totally rewriting repair etc. that all might go away,
and I don't want to distract you from that too much!)

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>