Coda File System

Re: coda on amd64?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 23:39:02 +1030
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 09:36:23AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> It would be cool to get the lwp
> changes into the tree, and I suspect that patches against the head
> will get applied very quickly.

OK - is done, patch has been sent.

> On NetBSD, you will need either -current or Phil's realms kernel patch
> for 1.6.1 (on coda website, or I can send it to you).  I've been
> running this for a long time without any more trouble than before.

Running -current since that is all that supports the architecture :)

> I recall from years ago that coda didn't run on alpha.  But it really
> is time to resolve this; 64-bit machines are no longer odd.

Getting less odd by the day.  AMD certainly are pushing hard that way,
I suspect that Intel will follow soon with a consumer offering.

> Does the code compile with -Wall with no warnings?  I bet it needs
> some 32/64 cleanup...

Will give it a try... cannot hurt.

> The following may help on NetBSD; I put coda and all its stuff in
> /usr/local/coda.

Arrr thanks.  That will come in handy.

--
Brett Lymn