Coda File System

Re: Disconnected startup (kind of still is Re: Hoarding files with spaces in the name)

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 02 Feb 2004 11:12:46 +0100
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen_at_xemacs.org> writes:
[...]
> Hoard is a horrible thing that doesn't conform to any of the usual
> conventions (it apparently opens the tty directly so you can't easily
> redirect output, etc, etc).
This tty direct is also the reason that
those volume ID's that appear with either list of
if something is wrong in verify/walk can't
be converted into some readable path by some shell magic
on the output. In the meantime I can guess what
didn't get hoarded, but my users don't.

So some fixes would be great.

Yours,
Steffen