Coda File System

Re: none

From: William Van Etten <bill_at_bioteam.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:38:31 -0500
I must warn that I'm not speaking from direct experience.
I am not "doing" anything with CODA.
I'm simply comparing stated features to my functional requirements.

I need a shared file-system for clustering.
I'm fairly certain my typical IO bound use case would benefit from
caching.
I hear (have witnessed, read) that CODA is more resilient to
network/server outages than say NFS or AFS.
I appreciate the WAN communication protocol, finding myself sometimes
limited by local NFS.
The "secure" comment I made didn't distinguish "secure" authentication
from "secure" data transmission.
I guess I was thinking "secure" authentication with kerberos.
I'm not sure how data transmission is handled over the pipe and what
options may (or may not) be available for securing it.

This is probably what you were asking about, and I have no answers for
you.

Bill

--
William Van Etten, PhD