Coda File System

Re: XOR in Coda

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:23:27 +1030
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 10:54:54PM -0500, M. Satyanarayanan wrote:

> The right thing to aim for is a tasteful job of fixing RPC2.
> If you (hopefully helped by others) were to work with Jan to come up
> with a good design that does the right thing with at most small violence to
> existing code structure, that would be ideal.  We can probably live
> with a one-time RPC2 incompatible version change (detectable, since we
> do have RPC2 version numbers).  But there are lots of details to get
> right in one go.

If there was to be a version bump for RPC2 then perhaps it would be an
ideal time to address some LP64 issues as well?  I am not certain if
there are truly any problems with the "on the wire" structures in
terms of 64bit cleanliness but if there were to be a flag day then
trying to position for the upcoming crop of 64bit machines would be
good.

--
Brett Lymn