Coda File System

Re: Amanda differences: 2.4.4p1 (installed) vs. 2.4.4-2 (compiled)

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:16:54 -0500
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:59:25PM -0600, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> Aaahhh.  I am building these packages on my laptop and then copying them
> to the backup server and installing.  Could that be part of the issue?
> I do not have server utilities installed on my laptop, only coda-client.

Just 'touch /usr/sbin/volutil' and configure will find it.

> Jan Harkes wrote:
> | btw. the version number for Debian packages built from what is currently
> | in CVS should be,
> |
> |     amanda-2.4.4p2-1.coda
>
> Yep.  That's what I've got now.

Actually, just checked the logs of last night's backups and it turned
out that the actual sendbackup failed. The code tried to add
/usr/local/bin/team to the dump pipeline, which ofcourse doesn't exist
on most systems. We needed that to make backups more reliable from a
couple of our servers which have large, non-compressible volumes.

I ifdef'd out the team related code and bumped the version to
    amanda-2.4.4p2-1.coda2