Coda File System

Re: adding more disk space to server

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:22:20 +0100 (MET)
Hello Steve,

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Steve Simitzis wrote:

> /vicepa (about 25GB) is filling up, but rvmutl reports that i'm only
> using about 3% of my 1GB log. so i figured it would be safe to add
> another partition to run with my existing RVM log.

you are thinking about rvm log, while you should be concerned about
rvm data segment
(and I think your log is not as big, it should be just several megabytes)

You can estimate your actual rvm data usage by the "rvmsizer" program,
so that you know if you should add a new partition, or a new server.

rvmsizer cannot see any effects of e.g. rvm fragmentation, so
let you take the results with a grain of salt.

Best regards,
--
Ivan