Coda File System

Re: Pam/Ldap and coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:26:40 -0500
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 04:27:59PM +0100, gug.ml wrote:
> I search a good fs with authentication capability.
> I've found some stuff about pam/ldap and coda but it's old
> stuff ...
> http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/platform/linux/coda/contrib/  <= look
> the date

That is a mirror of ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu:/pub/coda/contrib but yeah, the
date is correct.

This has nothing to do with LDAP, there is no LDAP support for
authentication, which really isn't LDAP's thing anyways, it could be
useful for managing users and groups.

We do support Kerberos 4 and Kerberos 5 based authentication.

The pam_coda modules are simply ways to automatically call 'clog' to
automatically authenticate with Coda during login. The different modules
use different strategies, one simply calls 'clog', another makes the
same ioctls that clog uses. One assumes that we've already got a
kerberos ticket, another tries to use the same login password as a Coda
password and yet another one gives a second 'Coda password:' prompt.

I don't really know which is which and haven't used any of them myself.