Coda File System

Re: More bugs in krb5.c!?

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:33:59 +0200
Hello Michael,

> It seems as if there are still some bugs in krb5.c - as I just found out, the
> realm specified in the conf-files is not used - it is always determined from
> the hostname!

Having one kerberos realm in config files for a client
is wrong per se - different coda realms can use different kerberos realms.

I would rather keep the code as it is - there are probably more issues with
it - but for the release after the next one I'd like to see a configure
option to choose a new clog.
Until then we cannot even decide how appropriate the new model is - if nobody
tries to use it.

Jan, what do you think?

> Is it of any use if I start working on a patch or will this code be replaced
> soon?

Certainly the code will not be replaced at once. If you have a patch that
works for you and makes your life easier, then submit it.
If you can live without the patch, do not waste your time.

It is just my 2c
--
Ivan