Coda File System

Re: maximum cache size in venus

From: Casey Helfrich <cjh2_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:19:19 -0400 (EDT)
Just FYI, I'm not sure it this little data point will help much in the
current situation, but we regularly run 8GB venus caches in the lab at
Intel Research without issue.  In general we are using RedHat Linux,
2.4.22.etc... kernel, and we always compile everything from source on the
machine it is meant for.

We are using Coda in a highly demanding way and are using the Venus cache
to guarantee the local presence of a large ammount of data even when
disconnected.

Granted, we know alot about the structure of the data we are sharing
(less than 128KB of data payload per file, always 512 files per
directory), but I have not been able to repeat your situation below.

Casey Helfrich
Intel Research Pittsburgh