Coda File System

Re: write failure issues

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih_at_eunetnorge.no>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:56:03 +0200
shivers_at_cc.gatech.edu writes:

> Things go wrong when I just say on ClientW
>     cp <12-big-files> /coda/Server/shivers/.
> The system writes about three files, then things get screwy & disconnected.

I've seen this happen, once.  I'd quickly created a number of files on
the client, the last two being tar files of some 6 megabytes each, and
things became as you describe.  Watching the activity of venus over
time with 'codacon', I noticed that it would, periodically, try to
resynchronize (by copying the tar files to the server), and then go
into the disconnected state again.

I got things back to normal by restarting either the client or the
server -- I don't recall now which it was, but I concluded that
something was in an erroneous state, and decided not to worry unless I
saw it happen again, which, so far, I haven't.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901