Coda File System

Problems with large files?

From: Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig_at_zt-consulting.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:30:31 -0400
Hi!

I finally started integration of coda into a production environment.
Things seemed quite fine until I started testing the whole thing with
files > cachesize. There seems to be no problem if I simply copy a single
file (larger than the cachesize) to a coda-volume, but when I checked out
a cvs-module containing files > cachesize, cvs started using 2x the size
of the file and `cfs lv` reported "WriteDisconnected" and
CML-reintegration-problems (btw. what does CML mean?), that did not fully
resolve.

Furthermore venus seemed to be crashed (`cfs cs` and ctokens hung) and a
restart of venus was only possible after purging the DATA & LOG -files.

Would things be any better if `cfs tl && cfs purgeml` were used? Those
commands didn't work for me in this situation.

Are there any solutions or mistakes I made?

Regards,
Michael