Coda File System

Re: venus crashes- what to look for in gdb/ coda wiki

From: Steve Simitzis <steve_at_saturn5.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:44:47 -0700
heh. :)

sounds like the same dance i had to do a couple of months ago.

coda spits out information into its logs before it crashes. look for
errors in the last couple of lines of /usr/coda/etc/console and
possibly /usr/coda/etc/venus.log

you can also run gdb -p [pid] on the zombie venus process. in my venus
installation, it doesn't actually leave a core file hanging around,
but you can run gdb on the same lingering venus process.

please post anything you're able to dig out to the list. i would be
curious to know if you're getting the same type of crashing that i've
been getting.

--

steve simitzis : /sim' - i - jees/
          pala : saturn5 productions