Coda File System

error Coda Client Windows 98

From: Juan Carlos Schroeder <jcsc_at_adinet.com.uy>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 01:17:25 -0300
Hi:

I've tried to install Coda on Windows 98 and I couldn't.
The problem is one that (looking at the mailing list) appered to be in 5.3.x
versions.
When I start venus, it initializes correctly the LOG, the DATA, the RVM
data, but then displays the following message:

***************
fatal error -- CommInit: no bootstrap server
RecovTerminate: clean shutdown

Somewhere I read there was an error like this in version 5.3.20. The version
for Windows 98 (95) apparently is 5.3.12, and this is because the client
needs to have access to a server to mount /coda (c:\coda).
I configured the client to connect to the "testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu"
server, but this is NOT working and is throwing the previous message.

Is the Windows 98 client working? What should I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Juan Carlos