Coda File System

Re: coda endian problems??

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:02:42 +0200
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:29:11PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> Has anyone successfully run coda on a big-endian machine?
>
> I just built it and set up a server on a ppc and x86 machine (the ppc
> box is the SCM), and I can't seem to authenticate.

Hello Troy,

as far as I recall, Coda servers are endian-dependent, in the sence that
you cannot mix different-endianness servers in the same volume replication
group. May be it is still possible to use them in the same realm,
while avoiding volume replication between them.

(Servers send log information to each other, and it is pretty much in its
internal representation)

> I'm also haveing some strange problems.. I can access
> /coda/x86-server-fqdn, but not /coda/ppc-server-fqdn.. I get
> 'unreachable ppc-server-fqdn' messages on the output of codacon on a ppc
> machine.

It looks like either some network misconfiguration,
or the server does not answer.

Regards,
--
Ivan