Coda File System

Re: coda endian problems??

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_hozed.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:59:55 -0500
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:30:11PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 05:36:49PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> > My remaining problem seems to be that when I'm at home, I can access
> > both my x86 and ppc servers, but at work, I keep getting
> >
> > troy_at_lyta:/coda/hozed.org/maxine.music$ cfs cs
> > Contacting servers .....
> > These servers still down:   kalmia.hozed.org
> >
> > but the srvLog on kalmia sees a connect:
> > client_GetVenusID: got new host XX.XX.XX.XX:32781
> >
> > How do I start debugging this?
>
> Is there a firewall blocking reply packets coming back from kalmia?
> The client only considers the server up when the callback connection is
> established. The server clearly got the connection request from the
> client, but the client probably isn't seeing anything coming back.
>
>     tcpdump port 2432
>
> There should be UDP packets going back and forth between the two
> machines. 2432 would be the port on which the Coda server on kalmia is
> listening.

kalmia had two aliased interfaces (209.234.73.40, and 41), and was
responding on the .40 address.. so I could see it locally, (cause it had
the same mac), but those packets didn't get back to me.

I got burned by short hostnames ('kalmia' vs 'kalmia.hozed.org') a
couple of places as well.

What kind of issues would a IP-NAT box introduce? I think this may have
been why my laptop (which is behind an openbsd IP-nat box at home) had
some issues when untarring the kernel..