Coda File System

Re: Un-unmountable /coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:11:28 -0400
On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 06:41:35PM -0400, shivers_at_cc.gatech.edu wrote:
> as I can see, that are accessing the filesys. No codacon. Nothing.
> But umount still refuses to unmount the filesys. Has anyone ever
> seen this lossage?

As Ivan said, it is typically a bash shell or some program that was
started while the cwd was somewhere in /coda. The current working
directory pins down the directory cache entry in the kernel and it
refuses to unmount. (this happens in the VFS and is out of our control).

The easiest way to find these processes is,

    lsof | grep '/coda'

(venus isn't running, so lsof /coda won't work as lsof can't stat the
mountpoint anymore).