Coda File System

Current state of 64-bit issues

From: Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig_at_zt-consulting.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:15:04 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!

It looks as if I had resolved most of the issues - at least I can read
from and write to coda-volumes on my sparc64-System.

However, ctokens sometimes crashes venus and "cfs lv xxx" reports "Bad
Address"; I'll try to fix those issues as soon as possible;

My questions are now:

- is there a reason why the CodaFid-member of some structs is usually
called "Fid" in kernel-coda.h and "VFid" in userspace-coda.h? This is
annoying and prevents coda.h from simply being copied between userspace-
and kernel-source.
- should all integer variables in coda.h be declared using (u_)intxx_t or
not?
- IMHO there is no way to make my changes in the
kernel/userspace-interface compatible to current clients compiled against
the current (cvs) coda.h - what is the "right" way to solve this problem?

Regards,
Michael

PS.: I will supply patches as soon as the problems mentioned above have
been solved.