Coda File System

Re: Coda web page alterations?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:27:23 -0400
On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 10:59:51AM -0500, Nicholas Haggin wrote:
> 	I notice that the Coda front page is still the same Coda front page
> we've come to know and love...and as such does not carry any kind of
> news or notice about the new release. Have we ever thought of reworking
> the website? (I'd offer to do it myself but my web development skills
> are not up to snuff, at least in my estimation.)

The website is pretty simple, hand-edited html where the <body> and
I realize that the current frontpage is quite uninformative for existing
users and really should be swapped with what now is the news page. But
at the rate new releases come out, the news page is pretty boring too :)
So really, we'd not only have to switch the site around, but also add
'content' between releases (or just release more often).

For one I tend to use viewcvs a lot, but to get there is pretty counter
intuitive. We could probably list a bunch of external links to Coda,
filesystem or synchronization/mirroring related sites.

> 	The same might be said of the HOWTO and manual, which I presume were
> also written with Docbook. There I have more confidence; if no one else
> comes forward, I'd be willing to do what I can in the way of updating
> it. Jan: how could I get a copy of the source for either of those two
> documents (presuming the source is not just what I see on the website)?

Mostly linuxdoc-sgml, although I believe the Coda Administrators and
Users manual is already DocBook. It is in the 'doc' CVS subtree
  cvs -d':pserver:anonymous_at_coda.cs.cmu.edu:/coda-src' co doc