Coda File System

Re: Coda 6.07 | Replication Problems

From: redirecting decoy <redirectingdecoy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 07:48:21 -0800 (PST)
> I would guess there is a network problem. Maybe the
> servers are sending
> client is unable to
> match the server it connected to with the incoming
> callback connection.

I thought so too, but I checked all my logs, and
settings, and tcpdump output. All the Ip's appear to
be correct.

> > I get 1 error in my SrvErr log:
> > could not open key 2 file: No such file or
> directory
> Normal, it is possible to rotate the auth2.tk file
> on a daily basis. The
> server tries to use both the old and the new token
> file to validate
> the user authentication tokens on incoming
> connection.

How do I get rid of the message ?

> Did you enable the mapprivate flag in
> /etc/coda/server.conf? It doesn't
> reduce the total VM size of the process, but
> typically reduces the RSS
> (resident set size) and reduces the amount of data
> that needs to be
> written to swap so it improves performance quite a
> bit.

Just did that. Seem's a little faster and less
intensive on the cpu. But can't really tell because I
am still having venus problems.

Does the command "cfs cs m1 m2", contact venus or the
actually coda service ? When I run that command on one
of my servers, it works, but does not on the other.
Tells me the servers are still down. And sometimes the
command gives me the message:
"Contacting servers .....
VIOCCKSERV: No such device or address".

Do you know why this is ?