Coda File System

Re: Coda Nightmare "or" How coda doesn't like me...

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:24:39 -0500
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 09:34:10PM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 02:14:50PM -0800, redirecting decoy wrote:
> > So tell me, how is it that I can't make this nice
> > little filesystem function correctly.  I "guess", the
>
> Not sure, my current guess is that there is something whacky with the
> networking setup. Your servers might be multi-homed, firewalled, or some
> other reason why the server cannot set up a working connection back to
> the client.

On closer look at the log you sent me, the RPC2_NAKED message is once
the callback connection was already bound and happens when the first
callback RPC is sent to test the connection.

It happens when the side of the connection on the client was destroyed,
but I haven't found a reason why it would be.

> > 2) cfs reconnect
> >   *Note: I have never been able to get this command to work.
>
> cfs disconnect activates a 'fail filter' in the RPC2 layer. Basically
> this filter quietly drops any packet we receive or try to send. There
> are other filters available that slow down packets to simulate a modem
> (low bandwidth) or a satellite link (high latency) connection, but those
> are mostly for experiments and not enabled by default.

and cfs reconnect simply removes the filter, but doesn't reprobe the
servers.

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 02:14:50PM -0800, redirecting decoy wrote:
> Thanks in advance, I'm going to go hide under a rock.

I hope there is enough room there for me if this turns out to be some
stupid bug. But for now I have no idea what could be causing these
problems.