Coda File System

Re: Volumes remain in volumelist

From: redirecting decoy <redirectingdecoy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:01:42 -0800 (PST)
Michael,

I ran into the same problem as you, where I could not
delete volumes.  In order to get it working I did the
following:

edit purgevol_rep:
right after line 45, add "$REPVOLNAME=$2", right
before "dryrun=0"
so it should look like this:
REPVOLNAME=$1
if [ "$1" = "--kill" ]
then
    REPVOLNAME=$2               #MINE
    dryrun=0
    shift
else
    dryrun=1
    echo "Only testing, use 'purgevol_rep --kill $1'
to really purge the volume"
fi

Also, change line 55 to:
SCM=`cat /vice/db/scm`
volinfo=`${exec_prefix}/bin/getvolinfo $SCM
$REPVOLNAME`

> such a file, but "purgevol" obviously depends on it:
> awk: cannot open /var/vice/vol/AllVolumes (No such
> file or directory)

All I did to fix this problem was create a symbolic
link called /vice/vol/AllVolumes that points to
/vice/vol/BigVolumeList

Uhh, that's all I remember, and what I did seems to
work.  Hope this helps...

-RD

--- Michael Tautschnig