Coda File System

createvol_rep doesn't exit?

From: Lewis Thompson <lewiz_at_fajita.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:39:40 +0000
Hi,

I'm (very) new to Coda and I've followed the instructions in the
documentation to get vice setup.  I'm running FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p2 and
I have coda 6.0.7 installed.

Everything seems to go fine until I get to the last step:

# createvol_rep coda.root server.domain.com /vicepa

coda.root is the name I specified in vice-setup.  In my SrvLog I
receive:

17:38:02 VCheckVLDB:  bad VLDB!
17:38:02 New Data Base received

but createvol_rep never exits.  I'm hoping I've not missed something
obvious but I've been stuck with this for a while now (after scrapping
/vice and /vicepa and rerunning vice-setup).

Can anybody help me out?  Thanks very much,

-Lewis Thompson.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:lewiz_at_fajita.org | jabber:lewiz_at_jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-