Coda File System

/coda/konvalo.org supports NetBSD (as well as FreeBSD and Linux)

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:50:06 +0100
Hello!

The Subject line says it all.

Thanks to Greg Troxel's Coda install scripts and his suggestions for running
Linux ABI on NetBSD I was able to quickly make a test install of a NetBSD
Coda client - and run Konvalo.org environment on it.

Now it is basically the same environment under Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD,
about 1500 runnable programs.
No installation is required, except for the Coda client itself.

I was able to login under X11 in Failsafe mode (press F1 instead of Return
after typing in the password), then launch /coda/konvalo.org/start
and enjoy exactly the same look and feel I used to on Linux.
You can certainly find there many programs which you possibly miss
or which are less recent in the "native" environment of your OS.

/coda/konvalo.org/start works well in a separate terminal window too,
so that it can be used inside your usual environment. Give it a try.

Coda is fantastic. It is the global (and efficient!) file system which makes
the programs globally available.

Regards,
--
Ivan