Coda File System

Re: Problem with CODA_LOOKUP,

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:07:06 -0500
On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:14:48PM +0100, E. Rosten wrote:
> CODA_LOOKUP is issued, to which I reply with ENOENT (I assume that this is
> the correct thing to do here). Coda then follows up with a CODA_CREATE.

Returning -ENOENT is definitely the correct thing, the failed lookup
will then result in a negative directory cache entry in the kernel
(dentry without inode).

> I reply with a new FID and a sensible set of attributes (I know they're
> sensible, since I use them in the reply to CODA_GETATTR). However,

Are you sure you don't want to correct the following? I don't think
request.coda_create.attr is ever set to anything useful.

gnokiifs.cpp:487
	TDEBUG("Creating remote file...");
-	reply.coda_create.attr = request.coda_create.attr;
+	reply.coda_create.attr = default_fatts;

	VFid = gimme_a_fid();