Coda File System

Re: replicated servers

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:00:24 -0600
> I seem to recall this bug and I think it has been fixed.
> Which version you are experimenting with?

	6.0.8

> at volume creation. You _can_ expand a volume replicas list later,
> but it is still considered unsupported - we do not have suitable tools
> for making that kind of changes.
>
> See
> http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2004/6180.html

	That reference is perfect, thank you.  I had simulated most of those
steps already, but was missing a few key things.  I haven't tested yet,
but I'm hopeful that this clinches it.

> You can run "volutil info ..." against the server and the volume replica
> you are interested in. Then you can see a lot of information, including
> the total size of its files and the number of files (IIRC).

	OK, I'll play with this.  I wiped out my old replica so I will have to
rebuild it before I can experiment some more.  Any idea if I use
I'll figure it out soon enough one way or the other.

	Thanks for the help.  I spent half of yesterday searching the mail
archives and didn't stumble on that message from Jan.

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated