Coda File System

Re: Improving Coda documentation

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:59:01 -0400
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:48:23AM +0200, Ivan Popov wrote:
> - putting a link to http://coda.wikidev.net on the main Coda site

I added a link for the wiki, it should at some point show up at the top
of pretty much every page.

> - may be using passwords? it is a matter of personal taste, but I like systems
> which trace contributors (if not otherwise, to be able to discuss instead
> of plainly overwriting each other's text)
> The maintainer would have to grant accounts, but also not have to restore
> in case of damage by outsiders...

I think anyone can simply create an account (top-right corner). I just
created an account myself this morning.

The only thing I have right now is the 'empty page' syndrome, no idea
how to actually start with moving something like the existing Coda HOWTO
into the wiki. Maybe the HowTo isn't even all that useful if the Coda
Users and System Adminstrators Manual is current. They mostly contain
the same information it is just described more in-depth in the manual.

It is probably better to split the manual by chapter than having
everything in a single large page though.