Coda File System

Re: acls and unauthenticated clients

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:24:31 -0600
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 20:14 +0200, Ivan Popov wrote:

> Your uid has most certainly been used as an authenticated user,
> and Venus does not handle "properly" the change to unauthenticated.

	Ivan, thank you as usual for the quick and very helpful response.

	I understand the problems that can arise from logging in to the same
realm as different users, but it does seem to let me do it, which is
nice for testing purposes (specifically for testing user permissions).
I understand your point about being alerted when your credentials have
expired, so I'd like to propose an alternative.  When your tokens
expire, you get no credentials, but when you `cunlog` or `clog
System:AnyUser` you get the anonymous credentials for testing
purposes...

	Anyway, thanks for the response.  Another item for the FAQ or Wiki.
Hmmm.. maybe I'll go contribute it now.

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated