Coda File System

Re: Improving Coda documentation

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:55:28 -0600
> Well, I tried (http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/test.shtml)

	Looks much better.

> The real problem is that is isn't possible to submit a new comment or
> hide one of the existing comments (that's what those '-' bullets are
> for). The POST request ended up going back to the static page, and the
> server ignored that. Changed the action, but the code that redirects us
> back to the original page really screws up the browsers' idea of where
> we are. Now the location bar shows the cgi script, but it displays the
> page that called the script.

	Doh.  Frankly, I don't mind not having the +/- buttons.  But if you
can't add comments to specific pages, there's no point.  What kind of
redirect are you doing?  If you're just using a Location: header, try
also adding a Content-Location: header (with the same URI).  I'm not
sure if that will do the trick, but it might...

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated