Coda File System

Re: playful ideas...

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:05:44 +0900

    Ivan> I would imagine a lookalike of netcat which talks rpc2 to
    Ivan> Coda servers,

    Ivan> May be such utility would be in fact useful?

I was going to say "no," because I remembered Greg Troxel's problems
with fragmentation and of course sftp is not stream-based.  But then I
remembered Greg Troxel's problems with fragmentation and of course
sftp is not stream-based :-), and it occurred to me that this (with a
little generalization to optionally report serial numbers and stuff)
would be a great tool for diagnosing that kind of problem, maybe.