Coda File System

Re: Adding a replicating server

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:37:45 -0600
> btw. turning the resolution log back on is done with,
>
>     volutil -h $oldserver setlogparms $replicaid reson 4

	In another post I saw you had this:

volutil -h $scm setlogparms $replicaid reson 4 logsize 8192

	Do I not need to specify a logsize anymore?

> The only solution right now is to either flush every object that
> exists in the resized volume which purges the stale volume information
> from the client cache, or to reinitialize your clients. So for me with
> my single testvolume the following worked,

	If I understand correctly, flushing the cache can cause bad things to
happen if you have writes that haven't been committed.  Would this be
considered a safe process for flushing a volume:

$ cfs flushobject volname

or to flush all volumes:

$ cfs cs
$ cfs wr
$ cfs reconnect
$ cfs strong
$ cfs flushcache

?

	Thanks for the extra help.  I'm fixing my scripts and putting the info
into the wiki.

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated