Coda File System

Re: SuSE 9.0 2.4.21-286-default Stable Install Possible ? (fwd)

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:34:54 +0200
On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 08:20:02AM +0200, Dr. Alexander Kraemer wrote:
> Hi,
> can someone confirm to run any stable version of coda on a
> SuSE 9.x Linux with a  2.4.21-xxx kernel, with or without a new coda.o ?

Hi Alexander,

I do not run SuSE but anyway:

as soon as you can build a current coda.o with
 http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/linux/kernel/linux-2.4-coda.patch

you will be able to run a Coda client from
 http://www.konvalo.org/pub/coda-client-setup
(run "sh coda-client-setup --help" to get some help)

The client is independent of the kind of Linux distribution, so it
should work out of the box.

Unfortunately, I can not give any advice about server installation on SuSE.
May be it is time to build a distribution-independent server package...

My 2c
--
Ivan