Coda File System

Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).

From: <sebastien_at_bombal.org>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:46:20 +0200
Hi,

I am trying to evaluate CODA fs, but i have some troubles with
authentification.

After a fresh install, processus of server are running and on the client too.

I am trying to log with the account mention on the server install (codaroot)
but the password doesn't seems to be accepted. (bulma is the SCM)

bulma:/vice/auth2# clog codaroot
username: codaroot_at_bulma.bombal.org
Password:
Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).

Here the account database :

bulma:/vice/auth2# pdbtool
pdbtool> list
USER codaroot
  *  id: 1001
  *  belongs to groups: [ -1 ]
  *  cps: [ -1 1001 ]
  *  owns groups: [ -1 ]
USER System
  *  id: 1
  *  belongs to groups: [ -2 ]
  *  cps: [ -2 1 ]
  *  owns groups: [ -2 ]
GROUP System:AnyUser OWNED BY System
  *  id: -2
  *  owner id: 1
  *  belongs to no groups
  *  cps: [ -2 ]
  *  has members: [ 1 ]
GROUP System:Administrators OWNED BY codaroot
  *  id: -1
  *  owner id: 1001
  *  belongs to no groups
  *  cps: [ -1 ]
  *  has members: [ 1001 ]

codaroot is valid user :

bulma:/vice/auth2# id codaroot
uid=1001(codaroot) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)

Here some log of auth2 with -x 4

19:39:39 Server successfully started
19:39:47        vid = 1001
19:39:47 Authentication failed for "codaroot" from 192.168.23.9:32799

The documentation I read, explain that auth2 uses PAM to get password. Is it
true ?

Thanks for any help for login successfully with this account.

Regards.