Coda File System

Re: A question on coda limitations

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:42:37 +0200
On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 06:52:12PM +0800, Alvin Chan wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> I have just run the test twice again while the first time turning off the
> volume resolution log and the second time turning on the log but set the
> log size to very small (32). But I still reach the limit at about 4k
> entries. So it seems the problem is not related to the limit of
> directories/volume, which depends on the size of the volume resolution log.
>
> Could there be any other limit related to the problem?

Hi Alvin,

it might be another limit or a bug,
but as you do not write exactly what your configuration is,
which commands you issued and what was the diagnostics they failed with,
I hardly can comment on that.

The number of directories in one of my non-replicated volumes is 5755.
That differs from your results.

Best regards,
--
Ivan