Coda File System

Re: latest sources fail on NetBSD 2.99.15

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:19:54 -0400
> > uc_stack.ss_sp was nonnull, but pointed to 0.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm if head lwp works on any version of NetBSD?
>
> I kind of like the netbsd install, the initial setup is nice and very
> lean. The only problem I have is that I definitely am far too used to
> bash as a main shell, and less as the pager and such.

I'm glad to hear it.  You can install bash from pkgsrc; precompiled
binaries are available.  I always do that myself (but usually build).
less is in /usr/bin.

> In any case, I found the problem. After the new context is first started
> the ucontext.uc_stack variable seems to be clobbered. A simple fix is to
> keep a separate copy saved so that we can check the stack overflow and
> correctly free it whenever a thread exits.

Is this a bug in NetBSD?  From the man page, it isn't super clear.
For contexts made with makecontext(3), there is apparently no
guarantee that the context won't be munged.

Thanks for tracking this down.