Coda File System

Re: missing the root volume... I think

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 00:23:57 +0930
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:17:51AM -0600, Patrick Walsh wrote:

> 	In fact, coda works just fine with single word realm names.  We, at
> least, haven't seen any problems.  Try following the instructions here:
>
> http://coda.wikidev.net/Configure_Coda_without_DNS

That looks pretty much like what I had done.  I will give this another
try and report back.

> making absolutely sure that you get your /etc/hosts file setup
> correctly.  Your problem sounds to me like "rover" isn't resolving
> properly to a public IP address.  You probably have rover associated
> with 127.0.0.1 and no dns server configured for it...

nup, nup and nup :)

rover resolves to 192.168.3.3
rover is not associated with localhost at all (a habit I abhor on
  linux boxen btw)
I do have dns configured but my nsswitch.conf uses hosts as a
preference, rover is not in my DNS but I don't believe it needs to be.

--
Brett Lymn