Coda File System

Re: Stability issues

From: Florian Schaefer <listbox_at_netego.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:53:59 +0200
Hello Jan!

As always, thanks a lot for your very thorough research and explanation.

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 17:49:19 -0400, Jan Harkes said:

[...]
> You have a fairly small cache (50MB), and are writing one or more 26MB
> files in write-disconnected mode. During this your clients runs out of
> available cache space. The 'cache overflow' message are shown whenever
> venus has dropped everything it could.

Ups, I hadn't realised that this file (it collects all my spam mails) had
gotten this big.

[...]
> What you could to to mitigate some of the problems, is increase the size
> of your venus cache to at least double the size of the largest object
[...]

I voted for the second option: I removed the big file. ;-)
Till now everything seems stable again. I'll see what happens...

Thanks again!

Ciao
Florian