Coda File System

Re: auth2 crash with MIT kerberos 5

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:45:38 -0400
On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 10:10:19AM -0500, mdbridge_at_verizon.net wrote:
> We are attempting to use Coda with MIT Kerberos.  We can obtain the
> proper information from the kerberos server, however, when we attempt
> to authenticate with clog, auth2 dies on the first packet. Has anyone
> else run across this?

No, and clearly it shouldn't do that. I wonder... could you check with
"ldd `which auth2`" to see if auth2 is actually linked with the
kerberos libraries.

I don't know if your binary is stripped, but if it is I would be
interested in the backtrace.

 # auth2
 # gdb `which auth2` `pidof auth2`
 gdb> continue

Now when auth2 crashes it should put you back at the gdb prompt and you
can look at the stack.

 gdb> bt