Coda File System

Re: Compilation error

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:33:49 +0900

    David> What do I need to install to get PFIC declared?

First of all, updating to Coda 6.0.11 would be a good idea.

Second, I suspect you already have an earlier version of LWP (which
defines that type) installed.  If you have the Debian -dev packages or
a self-compiled Coda already installed, you will run into a conflict
as Coda will find the the installed LWP headers, not the new versions
in the sources.

You need to either build _and install_ LWP, then build and install RVM
and RPC2, and finally build and install Coda itself, or you can use
the --with-lwp, --with-rvm, and --with-rpc2 flags to point the
dependent builds at the freshly built libraries and the correct header
files.