Coda File System

Re: CODA Debian Packages

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:10:32 -0400
Forgot to 'cc' codalist.

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 01:49:08PM +0200, Bool wrote:
> does "stable packages" references Woody or Sarge version ?

It shouldn't matter much. I guess what is currently 'stable' was the
'testing' release around the time I did the build in a debian-stable
chroot environment. But the package installed fine on other machines
that were running testing and unstable at the time, in fact all three
'release' directories are symlinks to a single released version.

The problem is more for people who are trying to install on the current
testing and unstable distributions because some C++ ABI changes that
went in since then. I might have to build 2 separate packages for the
next release.

> and... is it possible to have sources of packages ? (to try
> compilation on a Debian AMD64 version).

Debian source packages are in the same directory (i.e. just copy the
'deb foo' line to 'deb-src foo'), but Coda won't work on AMD64 since
there are many places where the code assumes that integers are the same
size as longs.