Coda File System

Re: Creating a replicated volume

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:22:34 +0200
Hi Jeremy,

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 03:06:25PM +1200, Jeremy Bowen wrote:
> OK, I think I'm making some progress now and have successfully got Coda
> working using a single server.

Good.

> I can access a coda filesystem created on "mrblue.localdomain" from my client
> using the mount /coda/mrblue.localdomain/ after having done:
> cfs lv /coda/mrblue.localdomain/

Hmm, "mount /coda/mrblue.localdomain/" ?
You never need an explicit mount command to access Coda.
Sometimes under troubleshooting you may need "umount /coda"
if Venus unexpectedly died and you are to restart it, but not otherwise.

> Now I'm trying to setup replicated volumes using multiple servers (and I'm
> failing to comprehend the terminology amongst other things)
>
> I've been trying to follow the steps in the documentation and it all seems OK
> but I fall down when I come to mounting the replicated volumes.

Which documentation do you follow?
The only more or less up to date pieces are on
 http://coda.wikidev.net/Main_Page?oldid=788

you have to look at older versions of other pages as well because
of wiki vandalism (imho that wiki should be password-protected and accounts
granted after human-to-human interaction, not such a big deal for a handful
of contributors...)

Regards,
--
Ivan