Coda File System

Re: Version Skew with kernel

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:31:24 -0600
> In any case, I've tested the changes and they seem to work. The only
> thing right now is the signal handling changes. I'm not sure how to
> tell the difference during the build because it is a backported change
> so I don't think I can compare against the kernel version number.

	You could check for the file /etc/redhat-release on the build machine
and assume the 2.6 signal handling mechanism if it is found.  Or you
could just make a define called REDHAT and do a conditional and then
leave instructions for anyone with redhat and build problems to add
-DREDHAT to the makefile.

	There are probably better ways though..

--
Patrick Walsh